The Sales Manager is responsible for business development within medium to large enterprise accounts. This includes owning the sales plan, managing a team of Business Development Representatives (BDR’s), running lead generation & marketing campaigns with support from marketing and pre-sales colleagues.
This role is focused on developing large strategic enterprise accounts, plus identifying and developing new enterprise prospects directly. This differs to other Regional Sales Manager roles which focus on inbound enquiries from general marketing activities and agency partners.
It also includes working with the operations and support teams to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Sales Manager’s role also includes ensuring that the sales and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
These generic objectives will be broken down periodically into more defined goals to reflect the priorities of the company. These objectives may be reviewed at any time with your manager.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Define the sales strategy.
- Take ownership of the sales plan and its agreed targets within territory.
- Work with prospects to identify, nurture, negotiate and close specific projects involving as much of our portfolio as possible.
- Where required, engage prospects at a thought leadership level to assist their decision making process.
- Gather business, user and technical requirements.
- Work with third parties to assess partnerships and opportunities.
- Become highly knowledgeable with respect to the competition, so as to properly qualify opportunities.
- Refine the core positioning and messaging for our portfolio.
- Perform product demos to customers.
- Manage activities to the agreed sales revenue forecast.
- Enhance sales tools and collateral.
- Brief and train new members of your team.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience in software solutions sales.
- 5+ years’ experience selling hosted solutions (Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- Reasonable technical background plus strong knowledge of eCommerce / development process desirable.
- Demonstrate success defining and achieving sales plans and revenue targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Must be able to travel.
- Examples of sales & account plans, proposals, marketing & supporting documents largely produced by yourself.
- Preferable understanding of retail, publishing and/or government sectors.