The Channel Sales Director finds and wins relationships with new channel partners.
- Proactively recruit new qualifying partners;
- Manage sales pipeline, forecast monthly sales and identify new business opportunities;
- Cold call within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential partners by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network
- Leads solution development efforts that best address partner needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel;
- Deliver partner presentations and attend sales meetings and partner conferences;
- Assist in partner marketing activities such as conferences, campaigns and other promotional activities.
- Analyze market trends and accordingly develop sales plans to increase brand awareness.
The Channel Sales Director is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and partner recruitment objectives. This role is focused on developing large strategic “White Label” partners plus identifying and developing new channel prospects directly. The candidate will be expected to generate their own leads and have a hunter mentality.
The Channel Sales Director’s role also includes ensuring that the sales and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
You are an experienced channel sales professional with extensive knowledge of development best practices, hosting, Platform as a Service, DevOps and web technologies.
- 5-10 years’ experience selling hosted solutions (Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS).
- 5-10 years of Channel experience
- An extensive network of relationships with software providers, consulting firms, or coding languages ecosystems (PHP, Java, NodeJS, Python).
- Demonstrate success defining and achieving sales plans and revenue targets.
- Demonstrate past success for building a pipeline of partner opportunities
- DevOps and infrastructure knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills are a must in this highly collaborative role
- A customer-oriented attitude combined with a positive and proactive nature
- Autonomy and the ability to work well with a distant international team
- Ability to travel 50% of your time