What you tell your friends you do
"I'm building a hive for swarms of beez within networks. I tell the beez where to gather information from and bring it to the hive for analysis."
- Identify resource bottlenecks throughout the system and find solutions to alleviate them. The better these bottlenecks are taken care of, the more beez our servers can manage. This includes algorithm optimization, query optimization, memory management, configuration management etc.
- Make improvements to the deployment pipeline to ensure smooth and frequent releases.
- Keep your eyes and ears open for ways we can further streamline our development process.
- Use the latest technologies to transform our UI into a better user experience by writing new web components and improve user interactions.
- Any other duty assigned.
This position is all about building up features requested by our customers, improving our development process and working together. You’ll work with our CTO (technical co-founder) and Senior Engineers to make our product even more robust, make software delivery streamlined and up to standards. The following is to give you an idea of who we want to work with:
- Someone with a degree in Computer Science or related field (B.S. or M.S.), although if you don't have one and you think that you have the necessary algorithms, data structures, and software engineering skills then you shouldn't exclude yourself.
- Someone with 2 years industry experience of developing, testing and deploying production grade software, that knows how to do constructive code reviews and knows how to build automated testing and software bundling.
- Familiar with Agile development and using tools such as Jira.
- Someone who knows how queries, indexes and the relational model works, and be fluent in writing SQL queries.
- Experience with the following is considered a plus:
- Kubernetes/Docker, building and interacting with containers.
- Linux and Bash is a plus.
- Deploying in a cloud environment such as AWS.
- Using and implementing in d3.js.
- We will consider candidates with a combination of these skills, but the ability to understand system design is crucial.
At NetBeez we are building the next generation of network monitoring tools that enable organizations reduce IT downtime. Our dedicated sensors, called Beez, simulate end-users and proactively identify issues in the most complex and large enterprise networks. We serve well-known customers like Kingston, Zillow Group, Oath (a Verizon company), and other Fortune 1000 companies. With presence in both Pittsburgh, PA, and San Jose, CA, our team is welcoming, collaborative, and always willing to learn. NetBeez has received institutional investments from Partech Ventures, Y Combinator, Innovation Works and CMU.
What have we worked on last quarter
- SSID Hopping: The ability for wireless agents to hop between multiple SSIDs in a round-robin fashion.
- Improved the scalability of our solution by modularizing and containerizing all of the system's processes, as we prepare for a fully cloud compatible architecture.
You'll become a member of an agile and diverse team of engineers and designers. You'll be working directly with the co-founders of the company and your input will help us steer the product development to the right direction.
We use a few communication tools you may find interesting to have everyone on the same page, like Slack, JIRA and Google Apps.
Benefits and Perks
- Full Medical Insurance (including partial dental and vision).
- Competitive PTO package.
- Stock options.
- 401K program.
- Weekly happy hours.
- Phone screening.
- Take-home Coding exercise.
- On-site interview with our panel (mainly white-boarding, no coding on the whiteboard).