You are a Ruby Backend Developer and want to work at one of Germany's fastest growing and most innovative InsurTech startups? Then join our team! You will be responsible for our services-oriented server architecture and work together with an awesome development team. Moreover, Getsafe offers you free choice of IDE or OS, a big loft office 5 minutes from the central station as well as fresh fruits, healthy food and the best coffee in Heidelberg everyday for free.
- Implementing new features on ongoing basis
- Continue to refine and improve the technical environment and the architecture to scale with the needs of our business.
- Working together with Marketing and Product to define and implement their requirements
- Working together with Design to create the best user experience in the market
- Very good knowledge of technologies like Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS, Rspec, Unit-testing, Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Knowledge of Git and approaches for software development processes that allow to deliver high quality code
- Experience and understanding of building test-covered and well-documented APIs
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails or similar projects, ideally on small- or medium-sized projects extending over a period of >6 months
- Understanding of Microservice architecture
- Disciplined approach to automated testing and quality assurance as well as understanding why it is important
- You are able to find pragmatic solutions for today's challenges while allowing the code to be able to fulfill tomorrows changing requirements
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to self-organize your work
- You are eager to work in an agile and ever-changing environment
- An eye for good design and accessibility will be a big plus