As a Sr. Ruby on Rails Developer you will be a key member of our Technology team driving a rapidly growing e-commerce platform, reporting to the Software Engineering Manager. You will be instrumental in developing our next generation platform and participate in efforts that enable our business to scale and significantly influence its growth trajectory. You will work directly with business stakeholders to understand functional requirements and be responsible for feature implementations, and quality releases on a Ruby on Rails platform on AWS. You will be empowered with and have ownership of pragmatic technology choices to achieve your goals. You will be challenged with all of this while maintaining a zero-downtime continuous deployment environment.
- Partnering with business stakeholders in self organizing teams to architect, design, develop and launch new features while supporting existing applications.
- Defining best practices, tools, and techniques to enable standardization, and to raise quality
- and maintainability of web-application and ecosystem components.
- Work independently as well as collaborate with on-site and remote teams as necessary to drive results
- Performing platform performance reviews and performance optimization on all tiers as needed
- Conducting peer review of code and technical designs
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience with Rails (5.0) and functional programming with Ruby
- Strong experience with MongoDB, Redis, AWS, OpsWorks
- Strong experience with Pub/Sub (Sidekiq preferred)
- Strong experience with Search technologies (ElasticSearch preferred)
- Strong experience with Git and team based development concepts
- Strong experience developing on ecommerce platforms such as WebLinc is a major plus
- Familiarity with frontend concerns (DOM, HTML5/CSS3, Ajax)
- Experience scaling high traffic websites (architecture/database)
- Pride in your work, and a drive for quality and results
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
What you will get:
- Health, Dental & Vision with 100% employee coverage
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package + 401K
- Flexible vacation packages
- Discounts on The World’s Best Flowers (obviously!)
- Work on cutting edge new technologies
- Monthly fun events, outings, and celebrations
- Cold brew coffee, beer on tap, and a fully stocked state of the art kitchen